By Wini Moranville
We have a great community of food lovers who share terrific finds on my All Things Food DSM – Wini Moranville Facebook page.
Case in point: I recently asked readers to share their favorite weeknight specials at local restaurants, and I snagged some great leads. Below are highlights. If you’ve ever suffered from those “let’s dine out but where?” blues, this list of Sunday through Thursday specials might make the decision a little easier.
• No corkage fee at Centro.
• Half-price pizza and Peroni (the famed Italian beer) at Centro.
• $5 burgers and martinis at Alba (in the lounge only).
• Complimentary kir royale cocktail with any purchase at Baru 66.
• “Winner Winner Chicken Dinner”— endless fried chicken, biscuits, white-cheddar mashed potatoes and coleslaw at Americana Restaurant & Lounge ($13; $8 for kids 12 and under).
• No corkage fee at HoQ.
• All-night happy hour (including $1 oysters, $1 shrimp, $10 cheese-charcuterie plates and $5 specialty cocktails) at Django.
• Wine-Down Wednesdays (half-price bottles of wine) at Trostel’s Dish.
• Endless glass of wine (that is, $26 for any wine featured on the extensive by-the-glass menu) at Table 128.
• Half-price wine at Trostel’s Greenbriar.
• All-you-can-eat jumbo wings for $6.99 at Wellman’s Pub and Rooftop (West Des Moines).
• Half-price bottles of wine at Proof.
• No corkage fee at Café di Scala.
Keep in mind that most of these specials are dine-in only. Also, I focused on specials that run the entire evening. Of course, many restaurants have terrific happy hour specials, too, and I’ll report on my favorites soon.