Above: Bob Pace leads off the lineup of musicians performing in the Botanical Blues concert series on Sundays, January through March.
The annual Botanical Blues concert series resumes Sunday, Jan. 6, and continues every Sunday through March 31 at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden. Concerts feature local and regional blues artists playing from 2 to 4 p.m. inside the tropical conservatory with adult beverages and light snacks available from Trellis Cafe.
We’ve already put favorites on our calendars. Here’s the complete schedule:
- Jan. 6: Bob Pace
- Jan. 13: Scott Davis and John Mattingly
- Jan. 20: Cindy Grill and Alan Smith
- Jan. 27: J.D. Flanagan and Pat Hemann
- Feb. 3: Stuttering Jimmy and the Goosebumps
- Feb. 10: James Biehn
- Feb. 17: Eastside Brothers
- Feb. 24: The Blue 2: Bob Dorr and Jeff Petersen
- March 3: The Brian Holtz Project
- March 10: Jodie Bodley and Dewey Cantrell
- March 17: Bryce Janey
- March 24: Dennis “Big Daddy” Kain
- March 31: Matt Woods
Concerts are included with the $10 cost of admission (free for members; discounted for seniors, military and children). Learn more at dmbotanicalgarden.com/botanicalblues.
Show Comments (0)