Award-winning, best-selling author Jacqueline Woodson is among the most prominent writers in this year’s AViD series.
Des Moines Public Library officials have announced the lineup of authors to be featured at the 20th annual AViD series—Authors Visiting in Des Moines—from late March through May. AViD offers an unmatched opportunity for Central Iowans to meet and learn from some of the best in contemporary literature. And admission has always been free. Authors featured this year include:
- Tayari Jones—award-winning author of the novel “An American Marriage.”
- Hanif Abdurraqib—award-winning novelist, poet, essayist and cultural critic.
- Kate Quinn—best-selling historical fiction author (her “Alice Network” was the third-most requested novel in the Des Moines library last year).
- Adam Higginbotham—a journalist, author and a finalist for the 2020 Carnegie Medal of Excellence.
- Brad Meltzer—best-selling author of historic nonfiction.
- Jacqueline Woodson—Prolific award-winner whose 2019 novel “Red on the Bone” was an instant best-seller.
For bios and photos of the authors and more about AViD, click here.