2020 LEGACY LEADER HONOREES ANNOUNCED
We’re pleased to announce this year’s recipients of the LGBTQ Legacy Leader awards, presented by dsm magazine and the advocacy group One Iowa. This annual recognition honors community leaders who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer. We also selected one individual from outside the LGBTQ community to honor as an Ally, someone who has embraced and promoted LGBTQ Iowans as friends and colleagues.
This year’s Ally award honoree is Wellmark CEO John Forsyth. The 2020 Legacy Leader honorees are:
- Tracy Lewis, Des Moines, vice president of Ankeny-based Mom’s Meals.
- Alexandra Gray, Des Moines, actress/performer and activist.
- Jan Jensen, Iowa City, associate head coach of women’s basketball at the University of Iowa.
- Eileen Gebbie, Ames, minister of the United Church of Christ.
- John Harper, Iowa City, retired minister and retired English professor at the University of Iowa.
Honorees will be profiled in dsm magazine and celebrated at a public reception June 4 at the Embassy Suites in downtown Des Moines.