Now Accepting Entries
2021 Inaugural dsm Home Design Awards
March 9, 2021
Showcase Your Finest Work
dsm magazine is seeking submissions from organizations within the home industry for our newly announced 2020 dsm Home Design Awards.
What are the dsm Home Design Awards?
The dsm Home Design Awards are a new annual feature of dsm magazine, which has long brought local readers stunning coverage of Greater Des Moines’ most luxurious, creative, and intriguing homes and gardens.
We want to recognize the area’s top interior designers, architects, landscape architects, craftspeople and builders. dsm readers, which include Greater Des Moines’ biggest influencers and tastemakers, will get an inside look at your most impressive projects and see what expert judges deem the best of the best.
What are the categories?
dsm Home Design Awards will feature top picks in everything from gourmet kitchens and well-appointed garages to lovely landscapes and fun family hangouts. Categories include “Interiors,” “Exteriors,” “Details” and “Homes,” each with numerous sub-categories, and a “Reader’s Choice Award” for each category.
Why enter a submission?
Finalists and winners will feature prominently in our digital and print products over a six-month period, including our virtual ceremony event in February. By submitting an entry, you have the opportunity to become a finalist and reach a select group of Iowans who appreciate beauty, craftspersonship and talent in home design and support the industry as consumers.
The dsm Home Design Awards will showcase your company and your finest creations to a discerning, influential audience of consumers and peers and will feature:
- Announcement of finalists in our dsm Weekly digital newsletter
- Announcement of finalists in the January/February print issue of dsm
- Presentation of award winners in a widely promoted virtual award ceremony on March 9, 2021
- Photo coverage of the winners in the March/April Home-themed print issue of dsm
- Photos with brief descriptions of the finalists and winners’ submissions will also appear on our website and in social media.
Categories and Sub-categories:
Category A: Exteriors
- Residential Swimming/Spa/Water Feature
- Residential Landscape Design
- Outdoor Kitchen
Category B: Interiors
- Specialty Room (gym, music, crafts, bar, home theater, wine cellar, mudroom, laundry, children’s room, library, foyer, etc.)
- Living Room
- Small Kitchen (up to 200 sq feet)
- Large Kitchen (201 + sq feet)
- Master Suite
- Dining Room
Category C: Details
- Millwork (includes stair & railing, custom cabinetry)
- Interior Use of Stone/Tile
- Decorative Glass and Mirror
- Interior/Exterior Lights
Category D: Homes
- Historic renovation or restoration (50 years or older)
- Room Remodel/Before & After
- Addition project
- Contemporary Architecture
- Traditional Architecture