Presented by: Buffalo Trace Distillery, MercyOne and Proteus
Hosted by: The River Center and Port of Des Moines
Full Event Replay
On Jan. 14, we celebrated the new issue of dsm magazine with our readers and supporters. Thank you to the River Center and Port of Des Moines for partnering with us!
Chefs Michael & Lisa LaValle of the River Center and Port of Des Moines
Learn how the chefs carefully selected the menu for the January dsm Dinner Party.
Winter Veggie Salad
Watch as Chef Lisa LaValle shows how to make the perfect warm veggie salad. Recipe below:
- Boil beets whole for 1 hour with skin on. Remove from heat, cool and peel. Cut into 1/2″ pieces.
- Peel carrots and parsnips, cut into 1/2″ pieces. Boil salted water and blanch for 3-4 minutes. Let cool.
- Toss all vegetables in olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until brown and tender.
- To add more flavor, toss them in maple syrup or honey and some fresh dill after roasting for a sweet glaze.