308,772 patient visits last year.
70.1% of our patients were not commercially insured last year.
40+ different languages spoken in our halls each week.
The Broadlawns Foundation supports Broadlawns’ mission to build a healthy community through accessible, cost eff ective, and high quality patient care.
Key Services Provided
The Foundation fosters philanthropy to advance the medical center’s initiatives to enhance the physical facilities, address equipment needs, and underwrite patient-centered programs. As the community’s safety net hospital, Broadlawns is dedicated to meeting the medical, dental, and mental healthcare needs for all individuals.
Key Audiences Served
Since 1924, Broadlawns has enhanced the quality of life for the community through its healing, teaching, and compassionate care. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring access to quality healthcare for everyone. Broadlawns has a culturally diverse patient base with interpreters on staff and 24/7 virtual access to over 200 languages.
Ways to Give
- Make a financial gift via phone, mail or online at broadlawns.org/donate
- Sponsor or attend the Broadlawns Golf Outing or Rosé Soirée, our signature fundraising events.
- Donate in-kind items to benefi t staff and patients.
- Shop our Amazon Charity Smile List and donate items of need directly.
- Learn all the ways to give at broadlawns.org/foundation/ways-to-give
Board of Directors
Anthony B. Coleman, DHA, President
Brian Clark, Chair
Eric Waters, Vice Chair
Karl Vilums, Treasurer
Jenna Knox, Director
Theron Jameson, DO
Mary Krieg, RNC, PhD
Andy McGuire, MD, MBA
Jeffrey Nichols, DO
1801 Hickman Road | Des Moines, IA, 50314 | (515) 282-8557 | www.broadlawns.org/foundation/