We at dsm are pleased to announce the 2021 honorees for our annual LGBTQ Legacy Leader Awards, spotlighting leaders and role models across the state for their work in advancing equality of LGBTQ+ individuals and for their other civic contributions.
The honorees include five people from the LGBTQ community as well as one ally:
- Tim Hickman, Des Moines, principal at Substance Architecture.
- Eugenia Kutsch-Stanton, Des Moines, research scientist at Corteva Agriscience.
- Randy Mayer, Ames, chief of the Bureau of HIV, STD and Hepatitis at the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- John Schmacker, Des Moines, retired certified public accountant and nonprofit executive.
- Elle Wyant, Iowa City/Cedar Rapids, account executive at United Parcel Service.
- Dr. Kyle Christiason (ally), Cedar Falls, physician at UnityPoint Health.
We’ll recognize these individuals during a virtual event in October. Watch our website and social media for dates and registration information.