Here at dsm magazine, we are pleased once again to share the annual list of civic leaders to be celebrated as Sages Over 70. They’ll be the toast of the town in November, when we honor their accomplishments in print and in an elegant reception Nov. 8 in the ballroom of the new downtown Hilton hotel, where each will share insights into their remarkable approach to life. In addition to success in their own careers, each has contributed significantly in the personal development of others, in the growth of Greater Des Moines and in support of charitable causes and institutions. This year’s sages:
- Simon Estes, internationally acclaimed operatic baritone, teacher and philanthropist.
- James Hubbell III, real estate developer and philanthropist.
- William C. Kimball, business and civic leader.
- William Lillis, attorney, advocate and fundraiser for community development.
- Patsy Shors, civic leader, nurse, entrepreneur and advocate for women in business.
- Catherine G. Williams (who will be 104 in November), a mentor and a trailblazer in Iowa social services, both professionally and as a prominent volunteer.
Watch our website (dsmmagazine.com), our weekly newsletter and our Facebook page for more information about these remarkable individuals and the Nov. 8 event to honor them. Tickets to the event are already available here.