Photographer: Duane Tinkey
“Where do you like to shop?” That’s the question West Des Moines fashion and lifestyle blogger and Instagram influencer Ashley DeJong (ladyandred.com; @ladyandredstyle) says she’s constantly asked. With the holiday season approaching, we decided to ask her, too.
1. Metro Market Boutique: I enjoy popping into this Valley Junction boutique for women’s clothing, plus gifts for guys, candles, sunglasses and plenty more.
2. Allspice Culinarium: I love to cook, but even if you don’t, this is a great spot to find hostess gifts, such as spices and olive oils.
3. She Home and Gifts: This well-curated East Village shop is always changing; the owners find unique home decor items, personal care products, barware, B’s Knees candles, and fun bracelets and necklaces.
4. MintL.A. Boutique: I go here for trendy, reasonably priced clothes and shoes, hats and accessories.
5. Badowers: This is where to go for stylish clothing for men. The Ingersoll Avenue store is not overly crowded with merchandise, so you’re never overwhelmed by too much selection.