$106M in grants distributed by Iowa Community Foundations in 2021.
7,975 funds for nonprofits and charitable causes held at Iowa Community Foundations.
99 counties in Iowa have at least one community foundation.
The Iowa Community Foundations Initiative supports the network of community foundations and affiliate community foundations across the state.
Key Services Provided
- Connect donors to causes they care about.
- Provide grants to nonprofit organizations.
- Grow endowment funds for long-term, sustainable funding to support charitable organizations and causes.
- Lead community initiatives for social good.
- Share local expertise about community needs and opportunities which shape the community.
Key Audiences Served
Individual donors, families, businesses, professional advisors, and nonprofits. The Iowa Community Foundations Initiative is a core program of the Iowa Council of Foundations and is sponsored in part by the Iowa Economic Development Authority.
Ways to Give
- Find your local community foundation at www.IowaCommunityFoundations.org
- Volunteer with your local community foundation
- Donate money to your local community foundation’s established funds for the places and causes you care about
- Establish a fund at your community foundation; you may be eligible for the 25% Endow Iowa tax credit
- Work with your community foundation to donate gifts of grain, real estate, or other complex gifts
6919 Vista Dr | West Des Moines, IA 50266 | (515) 989-1188 | www.iowacounciloffoundations.org