151 wishes granted in Iowa in FY2022.
$15,000 – the average cost of a wish in Iowa.
7 of 10 medical providers said a wish improves a child’s medical outcomes.
Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
Key Services Provided
For children battling critical illnesses, a wish is an opportunity for hope and looking beyond hardship. For many, just the act of granting their wish can give them the courage to comply with medical treatments. Wishes help kids look past limitations, families overcome anxiety and entire communities experience joy.
Key Audiences Served
Make-A-Wish Iowa serves children fighting critical illnesses in all 99 counties of Iowa. However, we know the power of a wish is far-reaching, wishes impact everyone involved- wish families, volunteers, donors, sponsors, medical professionals and communities.
Ways to Give
- You can help grant a life-changing wish at wish.org/iowa.
- Join the caring community of volunteers who transform lives at wish.org/iowa/volunteer.
- Your company or community group can impact a wish experience through our Fund-A-Wish program at wish.org/iowa/fund-wish.
- Jolly Holiday Lights is Make-A-Wish Iowa’s largest fundraiser, become a sponsor or buy tickets at jollyholidaylights.org.
- Save the date for the 30th Annual Des Moines Gala on Saturday, May 6, 2023 at the Iowa Events Center.
Board of Directors
JoDee Stensland, Board Chair
Lisa Riensche, Vice Chair
Dan Huitink, Secretary
Neal Westin, Treasurer
David Farnsworth, Former Board Chair
Philip Colaco, Honorary Board Member
Dr. Timothy Quinn
Dr. Ben Reinking
3009 100th Street | Urbandale, IA 50322 | (515) 334-2636 | www.wish.org/iowa